Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Southern Hemisphere Blues

I suppose when you travel to South America in the heart of their winter you should expect to be exposed to various bugs.  But São Paulo was so incredibly lovely - mid 70's temperatures, sunny, breezy and no humidity to speak of, as good as you could hope for in other words - that one tended to forget it was winter.  [Though the unsettled feeling among locals was that this weather was not a good sign in general]

Anyway it so happened that I caught one king-hell of a flu virus to which I apparently have no resistance and have thus been laid low these last four days...and counting.  And by low I mean sub-terrainian: fever, aches, nasty sinus pain, coughing, nausea, you name it.  I haven't been this sick in decades.  I hope to rally to take my kids to their first day of school tomorrow but it looks unlikely.

Less likely still is any blogging for the time being.  Sorry.

No comments: