Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Royal Wedding and Me


By now I am sure you are asking yourself "how is he blogging, he must be off to London for the wedding?"  I have, of course, pledged my allegiance to the Queen and her heirs and only the chosen few get to do that, so I must be in one of the front rows of Canterbury...

Alas, sadly, my invitation must have been lost in the mail.  I know I must be on the list because I was given a front row seat to the Queen's Silver Jubilee in 1977 as evidenced by this instamatic photo of the Queen parading through London (yes, that is her - see how close us VIPs were allowed to get?)


I am sure William will be devastated by my absence, but being that he is British, I am equally sure he'll keep a stiff upper lip.  All those terribly British Saxe-Cobergs and Battenbergs will have to do without me.

By the way, anything and everything you want to know about the Royal family (well, okay, not everything - but all the scrubbed and polished stuff) can be found at The Official Website of the Royal Family. Yes, they have a Facebook page and even a Twitter feed! Who says the Royals are not modern?

No comments: