Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Economic Crisis and Reed College

If you are from a wealthy family and want to go to Reed College, your chances have gotten much better.



----------------------------------------------------------------------



Of course if you prefer to attend my alma mater, Lewis & Clark College - and you would (and should) - it is, as far as I know, still welcoming those of modest means.

A caveat, if you are of modest means (as I was) you may end up like me - writing a check every month for 25 years to pay for your education.



Given the premium on a college degree in the adult labor market, however, it is a very good investment. I don't regret it.

1 comment:

Jeff Alworth said...

Given the premium on a college degree in the adult labor market, however, it is a very good investment. I don't regret it.

I'd go a lot further and say that a good education, irrespective of its benefit down the line, is worth a great deal. As a student of religious studies who has seen far less return on my dollars, I share your lack of regret. College, for those who embrace it, is the opportunity to experience transformational ways of thinking. That's worth quite a bit of cold, hard cash.