Thursday, January 21, 2010

Omnibus Post: Because Good Lord I am Sick

I am prone to sinus infections, but this one is a doozy. I made it okay through my classes yesterday only to be walloped extra hard today. My ears are throbbing, my head is throbbing and my eyes are bulging. And to add insult to injury, my local pharmacy is out of Amoxicillin, oh no! Luckily, they promise me some after lunch.

All this by way of excuse, lots of stuff happening and I am going to punt on it to other sources.

Jobs: Finally, some actual job growth in Oregon to report. Though the unemployment rate held steady at 11%, the real news is that 2,900 new jobs. Not enough to celebrate, but 'it sure beats losing' to quote from Bull Durham.

Banks: The Obama administration proposes regulations with some pretty big teeth.

Soccer: finally, truth, justice and righteousness has been restored to the world of professional soccer:

English Premier League
January 20, 2010PPts
Arsenal2248
Chelsea2148
Manchester United2247
Tottenham Hotspur2238
Manchester City2138
Liverpool2237

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeff Alworth said...

Ol Doc Alworth prescribes stout. None of that fancy antibiotic stuff, just a hearty stout. And coffee doesn't hurt. Boost the production of white blood cells.

Yessir, coffee and beer. That right there is a healthy prescription.

Stacy said...

Some kind of plague is going around campus and it ain't H1N1... I'm just now getting over a crazy head cold that put me to bed for over a WEEK. No sinus infection, ear infection, or lung infection, just one wicked congestion-causing plague.

I've never had a cold that made my face feel like it was going to explode, but this one did.

Hope you feel better soon!