Thursday, June 3, 2010

Your World Cup Viewing Guide

A little exhausted today after finishing teaching for the year yesterday and unable to focus as well as I would like.  So I went looking for the TV schedule for the World Cup and found only poorly formatted ones and ones only in Eastern Time.  So, as is typical of me sometimes, I did the anal retentive thing: I got it all in an Excel spreadsheet, organized it nicely and put all in Pacific Time.  You are welcome.

Here it is and I hope you are an early riser (click here for a pdf version):


By the way, posting it on my blog makes me feel like I haven't wasted as much time...

5 comments:

Lane said...

Thanks Patrick, now if someone would go create an importable Google calendar that I could grab :)

Jeff Alworth said...

"By the way, posting it on my blog makes me feel like I haven't wasted as much time... "

Said the sailor, happily approaching the sirens...

Patrick Emerson said...

I should also issue the disclaimer that this is from the ESPN press release and there may be errors - so you should always double-check.

Also, I wanted a single, easy to read sheet I could print and post on my wall for quick reference.

Jack R. said...

Very cool. Sounding a bit self-deprecating; may be relating to task completion. . . . schools out for summer.

re: 'hope you are an early riser'
Free yourself from the tyranny of ephemeral realtime broadcast. Purchase a TiVo DVR; you will not regret the investment.

Patrick Emerson said...

Yes, with two kids, DVR becomes the only way I ever get to watch sports. I am now very used to 1 hour and 30 minute football games and I can't stand to watch them live anymore. But successful DVR sports watching requires insulating oneself in a information cocoon - which will be hard for the World Cup.