Thursday, June 14, 2012

The Brits Call It "Taking the Piss"

Via Jack Bog I am led to this little piece of brilliance from the Willy Week:
The city of Portland's Bureau of Planning and Sustainability has released an "Economic Opportunities Analysis" that, with the help of the number-crunchers at Metro, comes to some pretty interesting conclusions about the future of the local economy.

In another 23 years, for instance, Metro and the city figure Portland will boast another 147,000 new jobs. Wow! That's a lot of economic opportunities. Lucky future people.

What's more surprising is where those jobs are projected to be…


They then go on to say its just a put on...really.

"Used Goods Arbitrage" - I am definitely going to use that in my class.  Too funny.

By the way, Jack hates me because I had the temerity to criticize him (not done apparently) but I do so love his blog.  He is a crank, but a lovable one.

1 comment:

Carla said...

You should just go with crank. It's more accurate. :)