Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Keeping Up With the Jones: Fox Soccer MVP

Cobi Jones that is...


The Fox Soccer MVP (Mobile Viewing Party) was a hoot.  The football was a little hard to see, came and went, and was on a television screen that seemed continually on the verge of toppling over but that was hardly the point.  We got treated to a nice breakfast at Kells, drove around town in a double decker bus and hung out with Cobi Jones.  Cool.  It turns out Cobi is a pretty nice guy.

I am not sure I'd want to be on the bus when there was a match I was passionate about, but it was a fun way to spend a free day.  And a special thanks to the hosts who were exceptionally friendly and gracious (including Mr. Jones).

Breakfast of champions: eggs, bacon and ... Guiness.
But then he had run the five miles downtown so he earned it.

This bus was pretty cool.

The wee television.
Jeff has some observations about the beer that was available on the bus over on the Beervana blog. Oh and by the way this was a contest where you had to tweet why you should be on the bus, my tweet: "Because stepping on a bus is all my left foot is good for." An expression I learned from an old Mexican teammate of mine.

1 comment:

Jeff Alworth said...

Two n's in Guinness, you English ponce.

(And thanks for omitting the embarrassing photo of me snuggling up to that can of Bud Light.)