Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Picture of the Day: The Falling Dollar

Source: The Economist

This graphic from The Economist shows the fall of the Dollar (though note the recent fairly wide fluctuations).  I am glad my vacationing this summer is all in the US.  

By the way read the blog post linked to above about whether it is a matter of concern.  In my view it is not, it is part of the natural process of restoring equilibrium in world markets and the fact that this can happen to our national currency is a very good thing - it allows us to avoid the fate of Greece, for example, who would dearly love to have a declining currency right about now.

1 comment:

Marvinlee said...

I agree that the rotting dollar is natural and necessary. But I think it also a matter for concern in that it validates concerns about the economic management of our nation.