Monday, December 22, 2008

Snowbound


I am not sure when I'll be able to ski from my front door to downtown again, so yesterday I made it almost all the way down the Springwater trail in Portland (had to turn around to avoid being late for dinner - hopefully tomorrow I can make it).  There is about 10" of snow in my yard and it has reached the point where my car would have trouble going anywhere, chains or not.  But since I can walk to just about anything I need - I have made two trips to New Seasons in the last two days - and classes are over for the term, I can just sit back and enjoy the beauty of it all.  We can also walk to a great sledding hill, so the kids are happy.  Strange to see that Corvallis and OSU are without any snow at all given the sheer volume of the stuff in Portland.  

Anyway, here is a picture of the wonderful scene in my neighborhood (this was yesterday actually, it is significantly deeper today).  Happy snow for those who are able to enjoy it.

No comments: