Tuesday, June 1, 2010

OCPP Party at Roots!

Normally I would be weary of promoting an event that could be seen an endorsement of a cause (I try to keep this blog non-partisan), but when you combine my two of my main interests, economics and beer, well it doesn't matter who is throwing the party, I am your shill.

I have been meaning to post this for a while, but these are busy days as the term wraps up and now it has snuck up on me - my apologies for the late notice - but don't let that deter you from making your way to Roots Organic Brewing Company on Thursday to see the "the world's first (and only) stand-up economist," Yoram Bauman, at a benefit for the OCPP.

Now, I take a little issue with Mr. Bauman: my friend and Iowa State economist Peter Orazem also does stand-up, but Mr. Bauman may indeed be the only funny stand-up economist...rim shot please.

The event is from 7pm to 9pm and the tickets are $30 at the door ($25 in advance but it may be too late for that).

1 comment:

Jeff Alworth said...

Don't sell yourself short--you've gotten off a zinger or two in your day. Beer, comedy, and economics--a winning combination.