Thursday, February 10, 2011

Picture of the Day: Inflation

Or why Ben Bernanke is telling congress that the Fed is more worried about unemployment and growth than inflation.   HT: Economix.


Ah, but what about expected inflation you say (as any good macro student should), well here you go:


The picture is messed up, but I am too old and technologically incompetent to fix it. Sorry.


Ho ho!! Look at this old dog figuring out how to fix it. I converted it into a PDF and then back into a JPEG. That got the white background I needed. I know, Photoshop. But I don't have photoshop. What I have are my wits and they are fading fast...

2 comments:

Scootland Economics said...

nice photo. so true

- micro economics and market systems

Marvinlee said...

It is baffling to me. I have believed that large scale monetary expansion leads to inflation. In fact, I still believe it, despite current contrary evidence. Is this simply a matter of lingering recessionary effects, lag effect, or ???