Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Fan Mail: Vintage Portland


Just a quick plug for perhaps my favorite blog of all: Vintage Portland.  The blog is simple, it finds and publishes historic photos of Portland.  


I love historic pictures, especially of the place I call home. Portland is a very young city with a very recent and very present history.  I remember watching the log rafts float on the Willamette when I was a kid, and though I realize I am comfortably middle aged now, it feel not so long ago to me in years but so distant in memory.


Which is why I am often mesmerized by historic photos and enjoy looking at them so much.  This city has evolved but it is still a town built on timber and the river.  Go take a look.

1 comment:

Jeff Alworth said...

They don't still use the river for logs?