Tuesday, March 24, 2009

When Life Interrupts...

I did not expect to be blogging much this week, it is spring break for OSU and public schools and we were supposed to go to Bend for a little R&R.  Well that all got torpedoed by illness that started in one kid and passed to the other.  It looks like we are finally all on the mend.

But last Thursday, when it all started, I was scheduled to go on the Bob Miller Show on KPAM to discuss some small yet positive signs in the economy.  Unfortunately I got stuck at home with a sick kid and so I called to cancel, but they wanted to do it with me anyway from my home.  Well, I tried, and for a few minutes it worked, but then my sick child came looking for me...  The result was terribly embarrassing (I am sorry Bob!) and the entire time I was very distracted so I can't imagine I was very coherent.  But you know, life is what it is and sometimes we have to roll with the punches.  It is what being a parent is all about.

1 comment:

LisaMona said...

Call it the Blooper effect but my kids listened to an economics broadcast when I introduced it as "sick kid interrupting. Somehow they thought it was incredibly funny.
I wonder, was it funnier (lighheartening) because the discussion focused on signs off improvement. Would it have come across as morbid if the talk had been of an ailing economy? Why is "theeconomy" always antromorphosized ?
Glad the kids are better. Wishing same for economy.